Every exterior component of the Cat® S42 has been treated with Biomaster® antimicrobial technology and tested to ISO 22196. Based on the inclusion of silver ions during manufacturing, the process creates a permanent level of product protection, inhibiting the growth of microbes on the phone surface and therefore reducing microbial levels on the surface.
The Cat® range of rugged smart and feature phones are designed to challenge expectations of what a phone can and should do. They are ideal for more demanding work environments, such as printing, signage, rigging and manufacturing. Every external surface of the Cat® S42 has been enhanced with advanced antimicrobial product protection, making it the first anti-bacterial phone.
Research shows that our phones are home to thousands of germs, with one University of Michigan study finding in excess of 17,000 bacteria on handsets (1). We interact with our mobile devices many times a day – around 47 times, on average, according to research from Deloitte (2). Furthermore, researchers at CSIRO, Australia’s national science agency, have found that SARS-CoV-2, the virus responsible for Covid-19, can survive for up to 28 days on common surfaces including banknotes, glass (such as that found on mobile phone screens) and stainless steel (3).
Mobile phones are handled and pressed to our faces, meaning that any bacteria or other microorganisms can easily transfer back and forth between the hard surfaces of your phone and your skin.
The Biomaster® active antimicrobial agent is proven to inhibit bacteria cells from replicating, in testing a reduction of over 80% within 15 minutes was shown and 99.9% within 24 hours. Combined with the existing Cat® phone rugged credentials that ensure the device can be thoroughly and regularly washed with soaps and water, sanitisers, and even bleach, the Cat® S42 represents the next generation of hygienic product protection in smartphone design.
The Biomaster®-treated Cat® S42 will be available from early 2021, with the treatment coming to other devices in the Cat® phones range later in the year.
Tested to Cat® phones’ demanding rugged standards, the Cat® S42 features MIL SPEC 810H and IP68 and IP69 ratings, and surpasses their rigourous and repeated drop testing from 1.8m onto steel, including multiple drops onto every side and corner. It’s fully waterproof, tested submerged in water at depths up to 1.5m for 35 minutes. Like all Cat® smartphones in the range, it is also put through vibration and tumble tests, salt mist conditions, and it’s built to operate in high and low extremes of temperature and to survive thermal shocks. Take it with you anywhere and everywhere. It’s built tough to help you thrive in challenging outdoor work situations and extreme leisure pursuits alike.
- Powerful 4200mAh battery.
- Water/dust proof (IP68, IP69), Drop tested to 1.8m onto steel, MIL SPEC 810H, Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5.
- Waterproof smartphone – up to 1.5m for 35 minutes.
- 5.5″ HD+ 18 x 9 display optimised for outdoor use with a touchscreen that can be used with wet fingers or when wearing gloves.
- Android™ 10 (with upgrade to 11).
- 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM, Expandable Storage (microSD™).
- Mediatek Helio A20 MT 6761D chipset, 1.8GHz quad-core processor.
- 13MP rear camera, 5MP front camera.
- LTE Cat 6, VoLTE, VoWiFi.
- Textured, extra grip design.
- Programmable Shortcut Key useful for Push to Talk (PTT), SOS (Lone worker app), or to easily launch its torch or camera.
- Bluetooth 5.0, NFC.
- 3.5mm audio jack (waterproof).
- Curated apps and content catalogue.
- Dual SIM – Nano SIM + microSD™.
- Android Enterprise support.
- Security updates cover for 3 years.
- Zero-touch support.
True to their innovative manufacturing, Bullitt Group, the manufacturer of Cat® phones, has won the Ruggedised Manufacturer of the Year category in the Mobile Industry 2020 Awards. Running for more than a decade, the Mobile Industry Awards represent the gold standard of excellence in the industry.
View the original article at: https://www.africaprint.com/first-anti-bacterial-phone-ideal-for-demanding-printing-environments/